Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all! I just wanted to let you know that at this moment I am incredibly happy. I know its a miracle right? The reason?...60 men.

Mary and I are currently teaching a two week intensive English course at a seminary in the city of Kupang, which I believe is the capital of the province where Mary and I are staying.

I can only say that these seminarians are so warm, friendly, and fun. Mary and I celebrated New Years here and it was simply a blast! We watched skits by the seminarians which were funny even though I didn't quite understand all of what was being said.

After the skits and the "ball drop" we danced for two hours. Yes I danced and loved it! The guys showed us some traditional dances from their islands in Indonesia and of course I was bad at all of them but I didn't care and neither did they. They tried to teach me two step dancing which is supposed to be easy but of course I couldn't do it. Give me credit though for trying. Anyway, we also danced regularly (club dancing without all the dirtiness). I was complimented on my dancing. I think the guy was just being nice. I will say that I let loose with these guys. I danced more freely and I was happy. I only have one week left and I hope to make the best of it.

I hope all of you are well and I hope you start the New Year in a positive way. By the way I will have regular internet access for the remaining week I am in Kupang so I might possibly be able to answer your e-mails more quickly but for one week only folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment