Thursday, September 10, 2009

Nurobo

Hi everyone! I'm in my mission village of Nurobo, Indonesia now.

I was in Jakarta for about 3 days. Jakarta is a very humid and crowded city where the driving is even more insane than that of Rome. It is also very Americanized.

Anyway, I start teaching English on Monday at the all girls school. There's a few more things I'll be doing too but those things aren't yet clear to me. The Sisters at the convent are nice. They mostly speak Bahasa there but the Mother Superior wishes them to start learning English so Mary and I will be teaching the Sisters at the convent as well.

Not much to tell yet as I've only been in Nurobo for about 3 days. The journey to this place took about a week with almost a full days travel from Rome to Jakarta, 3 days in Jakarta, then a flight to Kupang on the island of Timor with a one day stay there and a drive of 6 hours to Nurobo.

I will unfortunately probably be unable to post pics for a long time because I don't have internet access at the village. I must travel 40 min to an internet point in the near by town of Atambua and that I can do only once a week. I would attempt to upload pics here except that I'm told these computers are full of viruses and I do not wish to infect my laptop with any viruses by way of a flashdrive or something. Anyway that's it for this week. I'll write more as life gets underway here.

No comments:

Post a Comment